Thursday, December 16, 2010

China Glaze Jolly Holly + Party Hearty

I managed to get two more of the China Glaze 'Tis the season to be naughty and nice collection. I found a seller in New Zealand with a few polishes so grabbed them as soon as I could. China Glaze is missing out by not selling their polishes in New Zealand. If they could have them cheaper than OPI and Orly they would sell heaps.

China Glaze Jolly Holly - sunshine

I love greens. This is the only dark forest green in my collection so it is unique to me. This is almost a one coater. you could get away with one, but I did 2 to tidy it up. Its a nice shimmery green, with a slight silver shimmer running through it. LOVE.

And then I caved.

I was resisting so hard. I didn't want Party Hearty. At all! I thought it was tacky. I didn't like the sparse different sized glitter in all the pictures I saw. But a new bottle came up for sale on Trade me (the NZ version of ebay) and I bought it. Im still not quite sure what made me do it. I dont want to waste money on polishes just to show you on my blog. I want to actually like them first.

So here it is layered over Jolly Holly:

China Glaze Party Hearty over Jolly Holly

Red, Green and silver glitter. All different sizes. The red is the biggest, then the green and the silver glitter is the smallest. It is all inside a clear base. This is one coat over 2 coats of Jolly Holly.

I am OK with this polish. I don't love it and I don't hate it. I think its nice for Christmas, but not suitable to wear all year around. And I know that next year there will be something different at Christmas and that I may never wear Party Hearty again :(

Lots of Love
Lisa

P.S. I should mention that even with only one coat of Party Hearty this was a B***h to get off. I had used a base coat, 2 coats of Jolly holly, SV, party hearty and then another coat of SV. Took 5 minutes of soaking in acetone, using the foil method to take off. I didn't think it would be so hard to do seeing as it wasn't completely glitter. But I was wrong.

2 comments:

  1. this mani totally screams, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about taking off the glitter polishes. I either use SV OR a glitter polish but never both in same mani as each requires so much acetone to get off that it drives me nuts. I do like Party Hearty over Fingerpaints Holly Good Time and also I like it over Orly Winter Wonderland. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete