Thursday, March 25, 2010

OPI Lilac Layers

I am not a big fan of creme polishes - I like things that sparkle and shimmer.
So I use my cremes as bases for my shimmer polishes.

This is OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender from the Hong Kong 2010 Collection.

I was not happy with this polish - not sure if its just me bottle or everyone's- but it came out of the bottle runny and applied horribly thick and gluggy and streaky. I didnt like applying it at all.
This was three coats, it probably would have been ok but it had brush lines all through it and was not even.

Next I applied a coat of OPI Significant Other color.


This looked amazing. I find a lot of shimmer polishes are too see through on their own, so layering them over a similar colour creme means they come out the colour they look in the bottle and are opaque this way.

I really liked the way this turned out. Ive been wearing it for two days now and still haven't taken it off.

How do you wear your shimmers?

Lots of Love
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment